I feel like it's been a long time since I just... blogged. But I guess it's only been about a week? Right now it is POURING and lightning and thundering like crazy, the perfect time to get some words out. Things have been crazy (but good) in our neck of the woods the last few weeks, and I am just NOW able to sit down and take a breath! And that's even with my graduation ceremony tomorrow morning... at 7:30 am... YIKES.
1. Ella is doing SO MUCH BETTER than last week. Her ear infection is healed up, and after FOUR trips to the vet to keep an eye on her incision, it is completely closed up!! She had to start another round of antibiotics, and even just yesterday, it was still just a bit opened. Today, it's closed up and looking good!! I am so happy that she can finally be normal and say goodbye to that stupid e-collar that she has had to wear to bed and in her crate every single day.
2. Moving is still causing me some major anxiety, but I finally started packing today. And while it's sad to be gathering all my stuff from Nick's place, it is starting to feel a little better since I am getting some of the work done. It's also started to feel a little more real. CRAZY. I think it's going to be really fun, and I actually can't wait. Also, THANK YOU guys for all those tips you gave me, way back when. I seriously took them into consideration, and there was lots I never thought of before that post!
3. Guillermo barks back at thunder. I don't think this is really relevant to my "life update," but considering I am in the business of animals, and he is doing it right now, I think it's hilarious that lots of pets have to be sedated during storms and he barks back... ridiculous!
4. Job hunting is probably going to be news to you guys. A couple of months ago, I shadowed that the vet where we take Guillermo, just to make sure that the vet tech thing was what I really wanted. I loved it. I had a great time, that day, and I learned a LOT. BUT, the experience didn't really make me any more sure than I already was, and that was a little scary for me. Not only that, but ever since I started teaching training classes at work, I really started to miss teaching. I also remembered why I wanted to do it so badly to begin with, and I really got the bug to start applying for jobs. It was perfect timing because I had just gotten my license in the mail, and I have really been trying hard to find something. It's rough, because even though I have applied to, total, about 20 districts and 40 individual schools, I still haven't heard anything back. It can be very discouraging, sometimes, but I am trying to stay positive.
5. Also, it's summertime. Unofficially, but, still. <3
That was a lot of typing and a lot to read.