Monday, June 13, 2011

The time I reviewed movies you've probably already seen.

This past weekend was spent working, packing, graduating (!!), and watching a ton of movies. I thought I'd review them for you, even though you've probably seen them all already! Rarely do I watch THREE movies in a row that I love. I have a very cynical view on movies - usually they are crap and not worth the time it takes to watch them. I'm not sure when or why I started feeling that way. Probably when all the writers out there resorted to only vampires (typical), zombies (lame), or aliens (uninteresting). I'm sure you all will probably disagree with me, and that's fine! I am starting to come around...


1. Due Date was the first movie that Nick and I watched this weekend. Pretty sure I laughed the entire time. I have only seen Zach Galifianakis in a couple of other films, and he was pretty hilarious. Also, who doesn't love Robert Downey Jr.? Because, no one. Just saying. I won't give too much away if you haven't seen this one yet, but it's about the hilarious journey across the country (by car) of a soon-to-be father and an aspiring actor who were thrown together after an awkward mishap/meeting at the airport. I highly suggest it if you're looking for something with not much depth but a ton of hilarity.


2. Love & Other Drugs is the part of my weekend where Nick bows out. Because sometimes? He is a baby. And refuses to watch anything girly, ever. And if I do get him to (by trickery), he complains and makes faces and sleeps the entire time. So. I watched this one solo on my computer with headphones, and it was worth not having the boyf making jokes the entire time because this movie IS AMAZING. It's the story of a tortured boy trying to find his place and becomes sucked into the drug rep world who meets a tortured girl who is living with stage 1 Parkinson's. They fall in love. Seriously? Besides the fact that you get to see the gorgeous Jake G. in little to no clothing multiple times during the movie (and also Anne Hathaway, but at this point, who hasn't seen that? Girl's not shy.) it's the love story that evvvverrrryyyone wants a piece of. Also, it's funny sometimes, and heartbreaking, and adorable. So please, watch it. 


3. Blue Valentine was the third flick on my list for the weekend. Another one that I watched solo on my computer without the boyfriend because he would have hated how sad it is. I'm sure you've heard (or witnessed) that this movie is depressing. And it is, but so worth it. Pretty sure that Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling were the best picks to play these parts. Basically, it's the story of a marriage. That begins with love and happiness and amazingness and turns into something less desirable. Basically, it's real life, in a lot of ways. Obviously not for everyone, but I know there are parts of this movie that I could identify with, even though that's a little sad to admit. I won't give too much away about the ending, but this isn't one I'd watch if you need a pick-me-up, but it's so worth it. I loved it. 

The end. I am pretty sure all of these movies are going on my Amazon Wish List because I can't afford to buy them all at once but I really really need them. 

Happy Monday! 

6 comments:

  1. i havent seen any of these but they are all on my netflix queue! we finally watched black swan over the weekend. and the road (superrrr depressing!) xo jillian:: ps im hosting a judy kaufmann print giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Black Swan and was not a fan, but I think I am a little biased because Natalie Portman is one of my least favorite actresses. Also, I haven't seen or read The Road, but it's on my list of to-dos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen any of these. I'll for sure watch Due Date. Love and other Drugs got mostly bad reviews so I'm not sure about that one... but Blue Valentine, I heard was good. As for Black Swan... It was messed up. A one time watch only for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw Due Date in February and was not much impressed :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have Love and Other Drugs here, we found it at the library...I wasn't sure I wanted to see it, but since you said it was good maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 - I thought Due Date was a pretty good, Zach G. is hilarious and ridiculous and that little dog was just too cute.

    2 - I couldn't even sit though Love and Other Drugs - it was too much sex, all the time and I felt like there just wasn't enough substance to the film.

    3 - Blue Valentine is on my list and I hear it's AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo