1. I have lost 13 pounds. Considering I have been trying (not as hard as I should have) for about a year now, to really buckle down and get into shape + lose weight, I am really happy about this progress! Also, I am proud to say that I am doing it the right way. I eat when I am hungry, I stop when I am full, and I am involving a lot more physical activity into my daily routine. [Don't worry, I am not counting Lego Harry Potter ;) ] I was inspired by my job at PetsMart; about three weeks after I started, I noticed that I was feeling better about how I looked, and that I had even lost a few pounds, so I kept it up!
2. I have about 2309 books that I am planning on reading at some point. I got so many for Christmas, and have about six piled up on my desk to start tackling after I finish Harry Potter. Speaking of which, I have about three days to finish the Half-Blood Prince AND begin and complete Deathly Hallows before the movie leaves theaters completely! I don't know if this is possible, honestly!
1. & 2. Madeline Wickham's/Sophie Kinsella's The Wedding Girl and The Gatecrasher
3. Richard Wright's Native Son
4. Laurie Halse Anderson's Prom [This woman is an amazing writer and
one of my favorite YA authors]
5. Alice Sebold's Almost Moon
6. Laura Lippman's I'd Know You Anywhere, which I asked for based on a
recommendation from Danielle's blog!
3. I am still really worried about Guillermo, and will be calling the vet tonight if he doesn't pass the twist tie by dinner time (right before the vet closes). The way I see it, I would rather pay to have the thing removed surgically than to suffer a worser consequence later, whether that be losing him completely, or causing irreparable harm to his body. For those of you who are squeamish, you should move onto number 4 right... NOW. Because I am going to tell you that while he hasn't expelled the twist tie yet, he has pooped out a "Don't Spill the Beans" bean, a foil wrapper, and kleenex. Yes, I have to inspect, and yes it is gross. I hope you all still want to read after this. Anyways, I do not know how or why he has recently become a vacuum. File that under mysteries I will never solve.
4. I have ordered about sixty bajillion things from Amazon with my Christmas money, and I am impatiently awaiting their arrival. I was a little sad when they didn't come in the mail today. This is what I am going to happily come home to one night this week:
1. & 2. Elie Wiesel's Dawn and Day. Since I read Night, I haven't been able to
get the sequels out of my head! Sadly, they aren't available on Kindle, so I had
to purchase them.
3. A super pretty JAVOedge Kindle case! I can't wait to get this, and since
generation two accessories are getting harder and harder to come by, I figured I
should snatch this up asap.
4. Madeline Wickham's/Sophie Kinsella's A Desirable Residence to complete
my collection :)
5. & 6. A pretty red (you know I love red) case for my LG Chocolate Touch +
car charger. I already have a car charger, incidentally, but this was a package
deal that was actually cheaper than buying the case solo!
5. Of course, lastly, don't forget about the giveaway! I am closing entries at midnight on Friday with the winners announced on Saturday morning, so hurry!
Have a lovely New Year's Eve, everyone! <3