This week's Wednesday Wonders has a special theme: Sylvia Plath! I have been more than a little obsessed by her in the last few weeks (more than normal, at least). Also, since I have decided that my next tattoo is going to be the Sylvia quote found in The Bell Jar: "Let me live, love, and say it well in good sentences." I thought that this would be fitting!!
In addition, there are 12 photos this week, instead of 10, all of which came from Sylvia Plath - Poetry's Lioness
1. One of the only visual depictions I have been able to find
of this beautiful quote.
2. Sylvia BUTTONS?? I wish I knew where these were
sold so I could have some of my own!
3. This is one of her most popular quotes. I think it's incredibly
thought provoking and this mural is awesome.
4. Right before I found this photo, I was thinking about how
awesome it would be to have a library full of SP books. And how
I would love to photograph them.
5. It was a tortured marriage, but oh so pretty.
6. One of my favorite reads. I talked about it here. I strongly
urge EVERYONE to pick this up and read it from cover to cover.
7. Another one of her popular quotes, also from The Bell Jar.
I think this tattoo is clever and simple and feminine.
8. This quote makes me wonder where it's written and how many
people have happened upon it.
9. Pretty SP.
10. When it came down to it, my decision for new ink was between
the above quote and this one. SO pretty.
11. This painting was coupled with a SP quote on
the Tumblr that I linked above.
12. A caricature of SP using quotes from her own writing.
We took Guillermo the vet this morning, and he is probably waking up from surgery right about now. We are really nervous and hope he's doing okay. I will definitely do a little update in the next few days to let you all know how he is doing. We get him back tomorrow morning and hope all has gone well with the surgery. I want to thank you again for all of your kind words and so much support over the last few weeks. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Now... I am off to the library to pick up the DVD version of The Crucible for my AA kids. They are struggling to understand the play in the book, so I thought watching it scene by scene might help them + a character map! Have a wonderful Wednesday!