Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Bloggin' Ladies: Odelma Vintage

Hey guys! I want to welcome to Femmena Mala one of my favorites on my daily blog roll: Mattie from Odelma Vintage! She is super cute and has the best ideas. I hope you love her and add her to your blog roll, too! xoxo



Name+Age+Site/Blog
Mattie Babb
Age 20

What is something interesting about you? 
I love anything and everything that comes with a rich historyI fell in love with vintage jewelry first when I started to see the beauty in a few of my late grandmother's pieces. That fascination is what grew into Odelma today and I'm so grateful that I get to do what I love.



How long have you been blogging?
Wow! My blogging began with Xanga a very long time ago. I love blogging! And I love the blog community.

Why did you begin blogging? 
Blogging is such a creative outlet. I started the Odelma blog just to have a place to write about my adventures with Odelma when I first opened, and to store all sorts of goodies around the web that strike my fancy. Blogging also gives me such a rare opportunity to meet other bloggers from all over the world! I love it.

Who is your inspiration for writing? 
Hmm, it's so hard to narrow it down to just one person. I'm inspired by so many amazing bloggers around the web. Too many to single out and name.

Where do you get your ideas?
I carry a notebook around with me that I record blog ideas on. I get inspiration from everywhere: other bloggers, websites, current events, fashion magazines, personal stories, local attractions, etc. Anytime I find something interesting or creative, I make sure to record it so I can eventually turn it into a blog post to share with others.



Do you have any advice that you want to share with fellow lady bloggers?
Stick to who you are and your voice.  Try to not compare yourself to other bloggers because then you will find yourself trying to replicate their voice. It all boils down to what you love and what you want to share, and if you find yourself straying away from that, try to reevaluate and pick up where you started. Also, don't stress about readership and subscriptions. If you are telling your story and blogging from your own heart, readers will come. It's very obvious when a blogger's focus turns from passion to popularity. Find your voice, love it, and use it!

What is one thing you are looking forward to most in your future (blog or otherwise)?
I'm really looking forward to just simply finding out where I turn up. I'd love for Odelma to prosper and grow, but if I'm supposed to do something else with my life, I hope that creativity and blogging will always be a part of it. 

****

Thanks, Mattie! Hope you guys can check out her lovely space! 
xoxo Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo