Thursday, October 14, 2010

Music Thursday (do do na na na)

I know most bloggers do a Music Monday, but I think I am going to do a Music Thursday. Probably not every week, but when the mood strikes me. ;)

So, I know I have been a little obsessive about She & Him, but I can't help it, really. I realized a few weeks ago that after talking them up so much, (remember that time?) I never posted the freakin' photos my brother-in-law took of them at Forcastle this year!! I was seriously thisclose to the stage. AMAZINGLY pretty, that girl is.




ALSO! I know I haven't spoken about her much on this blog, but I do have a slight obsession with Regina Spektor, as well. Here are some AMAZING photos and videos I took of her at Bonnaroo this past summer. If you must know, I waited through sun poisoning + heat exhaustion to see her. That's right. I had to sit down periodically during her set, I was shaking, blistering, and chugging water. It was miserable, but when the woman began her show? I sobbed. Like a big baby.

image via google search! 

Please excuse the quality of the video (I did have sun poisoning, you know...) ;)


And a picture from the same day... 

You really should check out her albums. I have these three:


Song to listen to from Soviet Kitsch: "Us"
click the song titles to see the YouTube version ;)


Song to listen to from Begin to Hope: "That Time"



Song to listen to from Far: "Eet"

I hope you guys can check her out! She is amazing. And gorgeous. So here is my shout out to
inspirational female musician/vocalists :) 
xoxo
Stephanie

p.s. Check back later for an update about today, and don't forget to enter the giveaway, as always! Comments close tomorrow! xo

4 comments:

  1. Hi love.
    so kinda unrelated but I found this tumblr and thought you would enjoy :)

    http://fuckyeahsylviaplath.tumblr.com/

    XXXX
    -Morgan (Blackbird Fly)
    Blackbird Fly

    ReplyDelete
  2. i, too, am obsessed with these women. although i have never been lucky enough to see them in person :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan - Hello? I love this. So inspirational. <3

    Angelina - You should try try try your hardest to see one or both of them live because. well. they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude. I am in freaking love with Zooey Deschanel and Regina Spektor. Regina is like...amazing. Amazing,amazing. And my song I say to listen to from Far is Laughing With. omg /love/ that song. And I must say that her best CD is definitely Begin to Hope. Gosh. Love her. <3 Okay I'm done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo