Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bloggin' Ladies: Windshield Diaries by CAPow!

Hello! Just wanted to give a little notice out to y'all that Morgan featured me today over at Blackbird Fly! Please check me out over there and leave her some special lovin'! <3

This week's Bloggin' Lady is Crystal aka CAPow! Enjoi... ;)




Name: Crystal (aka CAPow!)

Age: 29

Site/Blog: http://www.windshielddiaries.org/ Windshield Diaries


What is something interesting about you? 
I was diagnosed with scoliosis in 5th grade and by the time I was a senior in high school my doctor decided he wanted to fuse my spine to straighten it. I was very scared to have such a serious surgery, so I got a second opinion. The second doctor told me that I was done growing and the only reason to have the surgery would be for cosmetic reasons. So I canceled my surgery and never looked back. Ten years later, scoliosis surgery has advanced so far that they rarely even use the same techniques. I'm thankful every day that I never went through with it.

Why did you begin blogging? 
I kept a live journal in college that was SUPER personal, but then gave up on blogging for a while. Once I opened my etsy shop, I started a blog to write about crafting and promote my shop, but my heart wasn't really into it so I decided to scrap it and was inspired to start a personal blog to document a road trip that M and I were going to be taking. Windshield Diaries grew from there!

How long have you been blogging?
Windshield Diaries turned 1 on October 12, but I've been blogging in other forms for almost 10 years.



Who is your inspiration for writing? 
I was a writing minor in college, so I've always loved writing about ANYTHING. Right now, M and my friends inspire me the most. I'm also inspired by many many MANY bloggers. My google reader has about 400 entries a day for me to keep up with, it seems like every week I find another inspiring blog!

Where do you get your ideas?
The ideas in my blog mostly come from my day to day life. My letters feature was inspired by posts that Naomi of Rockstar Diaries used to do. My friday Suggestions are a remnant of my old etsy blog. I take my shop very seriously, and I love having the opportunity to share and promote other artists' work. I try not to re-post things that I see on other people's blogs because when I read blogs I like original content, not to see the same interior design magazine picture on 8 different blogs.

Do you have any advice that you want to share with fellow lady bloggers?
My advice is to blog because you love it, blog for you, don't blog because you want followers or you want to make money. The most inspirational bloggers out there are girls who just love what they are doing so much that they need to share it with the world. I believe blogging should be about building community and friendships and encouraging other people's creativity, not about making a profit.

What is one thing you are looking forward to most in your future (blog or otherwise)?
M and I are desperately trying to save up to buy a house right now. I am really looking forward to us having a place of our own, no matter how much work it will be, it will be ours. And we can't wait!


Thanks for stopping by, everyone :) I hope you enjoyed this week's Bloggin' Ladies feature!! Please stop by and leave Crystal some love. <3 xoxo


7 comments:

  1. such a great interview and great advice. Love her blog!

    XXXX
    -Morgan (Blackbird Fly)
    Blackbird Fly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another great interview! However, I wish Crystal hadn't portrayed spinal fusion surgery as so overwhelmingly negative. Maybe it wasn't right for her, & maybe not having it was the best thing for her life, but for some of us - like me!-, it was absolutely necessary, vital, life-saving, spirit-raising. I hate so see it spoken about as though it's a life-ruiner; it saved mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for asking me to do this! <3

    Sorry if I offended anyone with my scoliosis story. I'm not anti-spinal fusion....just anti ME getting spinal fusion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies!! I am glad everyone liked the interview so much!! I appreciate you coming to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just found her blog and i'm likin it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad! She is awesome, and has been so amazing to me. Hope you love her!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo