Thursday, February 23, 2012

Unveiling.

As promised, here is the new layout for the blog! Obviously, Kate is amazing. She painted this by hand and here it is! I am loving the simplicity of it, and I am really glad I'm keeping the white space. The design is perfect :)

I hope you all are well! Things have been pretty good for me, lately. It seems like it's been ages since I posted just a plain old life update. It's February, and the school year is drawing to a close. In fact, there are only 5 weeks left until spring break and only 11 weeks left until the year is over. I can't believe my first year of teaching is already ending. It's definitely been a learning experience. I'm really, really happy that I decided to give it a go after I was so unsure last spring. Remember this?


Some of you may already know, but I lost my grandmother earlier this month. It was (and still is) a hard time for my family, but we all seem to be handling it very well, considering. We all miss her very much, but at least I feel that she is probably much happier now that she is with my grandpa. I was given some of her things, namely, a sewing machine and a box of yarn (I recently learned to crochet, oh the updates!) and plan to make something special in honor of her with each. She was a pretty amazing woman! Anyways, this might explain my absence a little bit, as of late... ..That along with a pretty fantastic guy. :)

I feel like I have been so out of the blogging loop for the past couple of months. My life has basically been a complete whirlwind, but I'm excited to pick it back up again. I am going to catch up on the Harry Potter Challenge this weekend, I PROMISE! And have a few Apartment DIY posts up my sleeve for the next couple of weeks!

Here are some photos of my life the past 6 weeks as sort of a visual update. Hope you all are having a wonderful Thursday night!

water // Ellaphant // new shoes // work Stephanie // something I made // colors // Music Hall
chandelier // favorite TOMS // Hunger Games // me // it was a snicker doodle valentine's day //
new dress!! // chipotle lunch // new sheets, so pretty // flowers from laur <3

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! It looks great!!

    I'm glad you're glad that you followed your heart into teaching. You have the opportunity make a positive impact on so many lives. One of my favorite teachers said, "If I only impact one life by my choice to teach, then I have succeeded." She impacted many lives. Giving so many of us who were different the impetus to keep going. (She encouraged us to read, and to think for ourselves).

    I think you're right, your grandma is probably happy to be with the love of her life. I love that picture of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize it was your first year of teaching! I'm jealous. I always wanted to be a teacher but in my area teachers are a dime a dozen and I was scared I wouldn't be able to find a job once I graduated. I guess I'll have to live through you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo