Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's been one crazy week.

This has been my busiest week in a very, very long time. I know I have been unusually absent lately, and there is good reason why. This week I am:
  • graduating from college
  • studying for and taking exams
  • full-time training to become a dog trainer at work
  • and helping/dealing with my grandparents being sick and going to a nursing home. 
It has been rough. I mean really rough. I have had very little time to even spend with Guillermo, let alone study, write papers, take exams, while being at work so often. 

Training has been just OK. To become accredited, I had to complete 16 hours of book-work on top of my regular schedule last week; complete 40 hours of observation hours this week; and 40 hours of teaching hours next week. I AM TERRIFIED. The longer I watch, and the close it gets to teaching time, the more nervous I get and the more I miss the salon. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to teach pups these behaviors that will only help them and their parents, but it is SO overwhelming learning a completely new job in only two weeks. Granted, I will only be teaching classes on Saturdays for the time being. I am nervous that I am not going to do a good job at it. Luckily, for now I am only going to be teaching puppy and beginner classes, which have the same curriculum, at first.

School has been moving along pretty nicely. I have two exams and a paper left before I am finished, and officially officially graduate on Saturday. Of course, since it's winter quarter, there is no ceremony until June. If I am in town, I will definitely walk, but if not, we'll just have a party to celebrate! I am excited to be done with this chapter of my life, and to move on to the next one. It's just a little overwhelming since loans and things are asking to be paid already! My mom is planning a graduation party for me, and I am really excited for that, too! 

My grandparents are doing well. I didn't want to post about this on the blog until there was a little more of a sense of certainty with this, but my grandpa spent all of last week in the hospital. He was released yesterday, and is now home. Since he was not home to take care of my grandmother, my family and my grandfather decided that it was time for an assisted living facility to help. While she is a little upset, and misses my grandpa, I have heard that she is doing okay since she moved in on Monday. I plan to go see her and bring her some muffins tomorrow :) The plan is for my grandpa to move with her, and to eventually live with her when he gets strong enough to do so!

That being said.... after talking with Nick, we agreed to take my grandmother's cat, Mittens, in until we can find her a good home! Even though Nick is allergic, he is being amazing [per usual] and letting me do this for my family. While I am really, really happy that I am able to help, and excited that Guillermo will have a kitty friend, again, I am also a little nervous! I can't wait to see how it plays out :) 

Sorry for such a long entry, and if you made it this far... well... that's why I love you guys :) Words of encouragement are always welcomed and appreciated. <3 <3 <3 



5 comments:

  1. You've definitely got a lot on your plate. Good luck with everything -- you'll make it through, promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with everything! Congrats with your graduation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, crazy indeed!! Good luck with everything! I'm sure being a trainer will be easier once you are actually DOING it and not training :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow so much is going on - congrats on graduating this week!!!! so sorry to hear about your grandpa - hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone! You guys don't know how much I appreciate this. <3 you all. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo