Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bloggin' Dudes: Keep It Up, David


Name+Age+Site/Blog
I'm David Garcia, I'm 31 years old, and I blog at [www.keepitupdavid.com].
What is something interesting about you? 
I enjoy candlelight dinners, and long walks on the beach...Ha!  For a little over a year, I've been working hard to change my life and take control of my health.  When I began my weight loss journey in January 2010, I weighed 402 pounds.  Now, I'm at 241, and I'm not stopping yet!  Oh, and my guilty pleasure is SyFy Channel monster movies, and I hate being without my Oral B electric toothbrush.

How long have you been blogging, and why did you start?
By September 2010, I had lost about 125 pounds, but I was beginning to notice that the weight was coming off slower, and the process was getting tougher.  Friends, co-workers and perfect strangers had also, by that time, started asking about what I was doing, so I decided to create a blog where I would share my day-to-day struggles and successes.  My goal was to create an outlet that would ultimately serve as a continual source of motivation for myself, which is why I end every post by reminding myself to "Keep it up, David!"  I published my first post, about being able to ride roller coasters for the first time in a decade, on September 13, 2010. 






Who is your inspiration for writing?
I'm continually awed by the supportive and encouraging the online weight-loss/health/fitness community.  I've been able to connect with so many other bloggers on Twitter and Facebook who are also working toward weight-loss goals, and I love reading what they're doing, and trying, and what's working for them, and what's not.  I wouldn't say I feel pressure to "keep up with the Joneses", but I enjoy contributing, and being an active member of that community! 

Where do you get your ideas?
Luckily for my blog, losing weight is not easy, so that, all by itself, is a constant source of ideas for the blog.  But I like trying new things, whether it's produce I've never eaten before, or recipes I've never made before, or new types of exercise, and I love sharing all that with my readers.



Do you have any advice that you want to share with fellow lady (or gentleman) bloggers?
Be true to yourself.  It sounds silly, but write about what interests you - don't publish posts about nothing just so you can have a new post on your page.  If you're bored reading your own blog, chances are, others will be too! 

What is one thing you are looking forward to most in your future (blog or otherwise)?
I'm looking forward to learning more about my readers and their stories - they leave the best comments, messages, and suggestions for me - a wonderful daily reminder that I'm on a great path and doing wonderful things.  Speaking of my path, I'm working hard to reach my next weight loss goal, which is to get down to 220 pounds, so I'm looking forward to seeing the number on the scale get smaller and smaller!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo