Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day!

Today is a snow day, meaning that I still had to go to class. BUT Nick gets to work from home, which means we hang out at his dad's house allll day while Guillermo plays and I watch an entire season of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. It's FINALLY on instant play, which I have been waiting for for months!


At first I had planned for today to write a book review but I really don't feel like it right now. HA! So, instead I am going to tell you about the book I just started:


This book is by the same author as The Devil Wears Prada, which I loved and have read twice. [The movie is also awesome!] I've heard that this book of Lauren Weisberger's will also be turned into a movie in the near future! I am neglecting reading a bit because of Grey's, but this one is a really fun and easy read. I ordered the sample on my Kindle before purchasing the entire thing, just to make sure I'd want to read it, and just the first chapter was really good!

By the way, if you have a Kindle, I would highly suggest taking advantage of the sample feature! Sometimes I hear about a book, and rather than waiting to look into it until after I finish my current read, I'll just hop online and order the sample for later. This is awesome because it not only allows me to read a little before committing to the 7 or 8 dollars the entire book will cost, but it's a fail safe way to remember all of the books I want to read! 

Also, I won this painting over at Much Love, Illy, yesterday! I am so excited. The painting is by Lindsey from Aisle to Aloha, and it's so pretty!! [you can check out her shop, here!]


This is also really convenient because I have been throwing the idea around of getting an ampersands tattoo next. Love this, and can't wait to hang it up! :) 

Happy snow day, friends!!
xoxo S

3 comments:

  1. Happy Snow Day! I'm a bit jealous :) Sounds like a fun book you're reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the ampersand tattoo idea. Get some nice serifs on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah! It is a great book!

    Kim, I was already going to! You should help design it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo