Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Bloggin' Ladies: Fancy Biscuit

Friends! Tuesday means Bloggin' Ladies, and this week it's Danielle from Fancy Biscuit Blog. She rules, and that's all you need to know. Read on, if you please. <3




Name+Age+Site/Blog: Danielle / 27 / http://www.fancybiscuit.com/

Tell us something interesting about you! I never buy "new" or "designer".. I like clothes/shoes/purses with sweet style and character. I work at a store with designer shoes & purses and it amazes me how cute all of it is..  and then when I go to purchase something I'd just rather have it vintage or beat up. Strange? Maybe. My opinion? Kick ass!



Why did you begin blogging? I just wanted a place that was different and I could express my thoughts and feelings. A place where judgment is placed on the back burner and everyone can come out of their shells and chime in. I have more in common with you than you think, we all do.

How long have you been blogging? I used to blog back in the Xanga days (8 years ago).. never really stuck with it once I got my Myspace account.. and then of course Facebook doesn't really have the "creative outlet" platform. I wanted something uniquely "me" in every way. So, I started a blog about a year and a half ago with blogger.

Who is your inspiration for writing/doing what you do? Myself. Not selfish at all.. or pretentious. Just truth. I think of wild, retarded things and I post them. That is who I am and what I like. 



Where do you get your ideas? Sometimes I'll be on the phone with Amy (my best friend) and think of an idea, sometimes I will wake up and just have an epiphany... sometimes I will think off something off-kilter and jot it down in my phone. Just whatever sparks me at any given moment. I'm a "roll with the punches" kind of girl, so I want that clearly conveyed on my blog, even if it comes off as insanity.

Do you have any advice that you want to share with fellow lady bloggers? Just be kind to everyone you meet. And give un-known or newly started bloggers a chance. Sometimes aesthetics aren't everything. Content = quality. If the person behind the screen has something great to say, then listen/read. Don't start a blog to get followers. If you are interesting enough on your own, people will read your blog content. But, be yourself. Don't resort to a "cookie cutter blog" just because someone else did it and was successful. Originality and perseverance are the best qualities of bloggers.

What is one thing you are looking forward to most in your future (blog or otherwise)? The one thing I look forward to (more than anything else) is the day I can say goodbye to my current work life and move to Mexico to do ministry full-time. I can't wait for that day. Just to know how much of a difference my presence will make in the lives of all the children in Jerez... well makes my life worth living. Blessings are what you feel when you do something good for other, with love as your main intention. I am excited, also, to share my adventures with the blogging community.


[Thanks, Danielle :)]

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with her advice for new bloggers :) I try to give genuine comments and feedbacks on the blogs I visit. Those "great post" comments just kill me! I think those that are only blogging for the sake of new followers are really blowing their chance to meet some awesome people and make some amazing new friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:23 PM

    Thanks for this opportunity lady! Love meeting new fun blog friends! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for taking the time to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo