Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bloggin' Ladies: Harper's Happenings

Happy Tuesday, friends! This week's Bloggin' Lady is Mandy from Harper's Happenings (and other various places across the internet, as you'll soon find out!) She is hilarious, sarcastic, and an awesome writer. She has the CUTEST baby girl (with the cutest name) AND she's pretty nice, too. I hope you love her as much as I do! <3



Name+Age+Site/Blog
Mandy, 29, and i have a few corners of the internet! i blog about my life and daughter at www.harpershappenings.com, i blog about fun stuff for kids at www.kidletblog.com and i sell vintage and gently used goodies at www.opal.bigcartel.com! even i'm tired after typing all that.


What is something interesting about you? i absolutely hate loud noises and being startled. unfortunately i told my husband this when we first met, and one of his favorite things to do is jump out and scare me at random times. it sounds harmless, but being scared like that makes me cry on the spot. then i laugh and hit him. hard.

Why did you begin blogging? i had a little blog while i was pregnant that like 6 people read. after Harper came along i wanted a place to talk about her and keep friends and family up to date, so when she was about 3 months old i started Harper's Happenings. people started finding it and reading and it has taken off from there. i adore blogging and the community it creates. makes me warm and fuzzy!

How long have you been blogging? whoops, jumped ahead of myself in the last one. about 2 years give or take and whether we count my pregnancy blog (which i don't). :)



Who is your inspiration for writing? so far, Harper has been my biggest inspiration. but anderson cooper once inspired a post. and bugs, narhwals, the bloggess, my love of thrifting and my friends and family have done it, too.

Where do you get your ideas? the shower. seriously - all my ideas come to me there. when i'm not in the shower, i get a lot of ideas while driving. you know, all the places i can't write them down. 

Do you have any advice that you want to share with fellow lady bloggers? my biggest advice is to blog because you love it. do it for you and no one else. try not to worry about how many comments or hits you get, just pour yourself onto the pages of your space on the internet. you'll be so happy you did when you look back on it.

What is one thing you are looking forward to most in your future (blog or otherwise)? having more kids (SOMEDAY), using blogging to help others, trying to find (even more) happiness doing what i love. i turn 30 next year and i actually feel wonderful about it - so much to look forward to in a fresh new decade! i could do without these gray hairs, though.



[Thanks, Mandy! <3 Stephanie]

3 comments:

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo