Saturday, September 18, 2010

Weekend Adventures



Here's to spending a lovely Saturday with my boyfriend and our puppy. We took Guillermo to the vet to get his ONE stitch out from getting neutered. He was scared, but very happy that we took him home with us this time. There has been talk of going to Oktoberfest tonight, which is going to be really fun. A friend of ours invited us, and I have never been, so I can't wait! I am going to take lots of pictures and post them here probably tomorrow night. There was ALSO talk about going to see The Toadies tonight at the Mad Hatter in Covington. This isn't exactly my favorite place to see a show.... but Nick has been wanting to see them for a long time, so I will oblige with no complaint :)



Last night went smoothly; I cleaned the apartment and make sure there was a beer and candles waiting for Nick when he walked in the door from work, and he seemed happier already, just from being home. I am glad I could help make his day a little better! First we sat around in the living room and listened to The Flaming Lips and just relaxed and talked. Then we ordered food and we stayed up late and fell asleep to episodes of Seinfeld, season 7. Make that: I fell asleep to episodes of Seinfeld and Nick had to wake me up to go to bed later. I was so tired I slept in my clothes from the day all night!

I am supposed to be on call tonight at work, but there is a slim chance that I will actually be called in. Part of me hates that I am never getting hours but part of me is so thankful to have almost every single weekend off. I need a decompressing period after each week at West High, and this one was NO exception. We are planning on watching an episode or two of Lie to Me before heading out for our adventure tonight, but for some reason Netflix is being crappy!

I will leave you with this sweet cover of The Flaming Lips' "Do You Realize??" by The Postal Service, whom I love, love, love.


Anyways, hope everyone has a great weekend, maybe I'll see some of you at Oktoberfest tonight!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo