Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Bucket List


It's the first official day of summer break.... that means I have 12 whole weeks to do whatever I want, whenever I want. Since it's raining and I can't be outside reading, running, walking the dogs, or lounging by Kim's parents' pool, I decided to sit on this couch and make a Summer Bucket List. It might be a bit ambitious, but I plan to cross every single thing off.

1. Learn to use my grandmother's sewing machine. I have had it since February. It's been a very nice addition to my bedroom. So far, it's been used as a cat perch, a computer table, a night stand, and storage space. There are so many dresses in my closet that I can't wear because they don't fit anymore, and I am fairly certain I am smart enough to learn how to take in a seam or two so I don't have to donate three quarters of my wardrobe.

2. Finish a few books. I don't already have a list of books I want to read because whenever I see one that looks interesting, I just send the sample to my Kindle, read it, and decide if I want to buy it from there. But I want to read a lot more than I did last summer, and definitely throughout the school year.

3. Crochet... something. I learned to crochet around Christmas time, and have a huge box filled with yarn that was my grandmother's. I would love to make something out of it for the new place.... which still has not been decided upon!

4. Continue watching too much Mad Men. It's really all I have been doing lately, and am slightly obsessed. I want to catch up to the season that's currently on television because I keep hearing that it's excellent!


5. Purge! I have TONS of stuff that I haven't used or looked at since I moved into this apartment last summer (lots of things still in boxes) and I can't wait to go through it all as I move at the end of this month and get rid of everything that doesn't have a purpose. I have never been much of a packrat, and hate clutter. That being said, there's too much of it around here! Things I brought with me from my parents' house that haven't been touched since.

6. Run at least three times a week. Considering I have almost no other obligations this summer (save for working at Petsmart a few times a week), there is really no reason that this goal should not be ticked off my list. This summer is a long one, 12 weeks instead of the normal 10.... no reason not to get into better shape!

7. Go on tons of trips. Bret and I are already planning to visit Chicago or Pittsburgh (maybe both?) and I have very premature plans to drive myself to Buffalo to see Nicole and Columbus to see Chelsey and her new apartment. And in August, Disneyworld and Universal (for Harry Potter, duh) with my parents, brother and sister. I need to make at least half of these happen! I have a bad habit of planning trips and not taking them. Time to follow through!

8. Get more tattoos. I have a million ideas and talk them up a lot, but rarely do anything about it. I want to AT LEAST get my half sleeve finished... and maybe one or two other ideas....


9. Go to at least three more Reds games. I have already been to two, the last one was sofun and part of Bret's birthday present from me was two tickets to next week's game, right behind first base (oh, hey, Votto. Sup?) We need to make this a habit.


What is on your summer bucket list?! 

Happy summer break :)
-Stephanie

5 comments:

  1. Woot, I'm getting another tattoo within the next few weeks and I am SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading lists like this! I really need to make one for summer, myself, before it's too late. Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:28 PM

    Lists always make me happy... Some of these are great, like purging. I need to do that! Just wondering, as a teacher, what does your school think of your tattoos?

    (I lurke, but enjoy your blog. If you do make it private, can I still lurke? hoorayrue at gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo