Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Holy Thursday, Batman.

I can't believe it's already Thursday, and I have hardly posted anything this week. It's gone so fast!! here's a little bit about what I've been up to since last Thursday:


  • Obviously you guys know that we got a brand new puppy. Here's a little bit of the background... Every Saturday and Sunday, a program called SAAP (Stray Animal Adoption Program) comes to PetSmart and adopts out pups and kitties (and sometimes bunnies and ferrets and even mini pigs). Two Saturdays ago, a woman and her mother surrendered a carmel colored poodle and Ella. She told the SAAP people that she couldn't care for them anymore, and left. Needless to say, I fell in love with her right away. (Not that this doesn't happen with every dog I see...). I finally talked Nick into letting me bring her home since she'll only be living at his place for a few weeks (more on this later). Ella is doing great so far. Minus the fact that she was spayed a week ago and her incision is pretty infected (we're keeping it very clean and she's on antibiotics) and she has to wear a cone every day and night AND her right ear is infected, she is having the best time with Guillermo. They were instant buddies.

  • Also, I got this, which you already read about yesterday. I am in love with it. A HUGE thank you to Lynzie for designing it, and to Steve at Vertigo (in Oxford) for doing it as an amazing graduation gift. 

  • And, lastly, I signed the lease on my very first apartment, yesterday morning. It's a two bedroom with an amazing (small) kitchen. Originally, we were going to move in on June 15, which was a little soon for me, but then the apartment we ended up getting became available to move in on July 2. I am SUPER excited to show you guys pictures and to get all moved in. I can't wait :) Guillermo and Ella will be moving in with me for a few reasons: 1. Nick has gotten to have Guillermo for the past two years and it's my turn ;) 2. Nick is moving home when his lease is up in October and will be going back to school!! We don't want to impose anymore on his dad than we already will be. I am super excited for Nick because I know he has been unhappy at his current job for a while and he's been interested in Culinary Arts and I think that's what he's debating on going into. 
It's been a hugely overwhelming and exciting week. I've been flip flopping between overwhelmed, stressed, happy, excited, worried, etc. for the past four days, but things finally seem to be calming down a bit. 

If you got this far, I love you!! 

Happy Thursday! <3 S


5 comments:

  1. aww congrats on the new puppy!!! he's a cutie. xoxo jillian:: enter to win a leigh viner print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for you throughout this entire post!
    i suppose ella and i are ear twins since my right ear is also hella infected :(
    hope she's better soon.... i can't wait till all the pups can play together!!!
    also, i cannot wait to see your new place...
    and omg my art is on your arm :)
    <3
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't forget to mention your AWESOME future roommate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! i'm excited for all your exciting news! and i'm excited that you said holy thursday, batman. i always catch myself saying holy ______, batman!

    have an awesome weekend lady!
    xo.anna marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't forget about you, Kim!! And thanks, everyone :) I am really excited! IT was a good week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo