Monday, May 23, 2011

Music Monday: Band of Horses



GUYS. Have you heard this band? If you haven't, get off your cyber butts and youtube them. NOW. Or just continue with this post in which I have chosen some of the best songs FOR you. This = less work for you, which = WIN.

I saw these guys at Bonnaroo the first year that we went, and it was one of the best shows that I have ever seen. Not only was I extremely close to the stage, the sound was fantastic, and I even got a couple of videos of their music. It was one of those shows that gives you chills THE ENTIRE TIME. Everyone was into it. Here are some of the pictures I took that day:



Band of Horses are a fairly young band, but they have two fan-freaking-tastic albums out right now. The first one, Cease to Begin, is the one I fell in love with:


Favorite songs on this album are: "Is There a Ghost," "Cigarettes, Wedding Bands," and "No One's Gonna Love You." These are ones you should definitely give a listen! Here's a playlist for your listening pleasure...



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Their other album, Infinite Arms, is the newest album. It's very similar in sound, and was just as addicting the first time I heard it. (Also I think the album cover is really pretty!)


My favorite songs from this album are (first and foremost!!) "Compliments," "Laredo," and "Dilly".



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones



There you have it! Some of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands. Do you know/like BoH? If so, what are some of your favorite songs? Know any bands that sound similar that you think I'd like? Let me know in the comments!!

xo
Happy Monday!
S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo