Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Bloggin' Ladies: Mary Rebecca

This week's bloggin' lady is Mary Rebecca! She is super talented and gorgeous. Get to know her, pls! <3



Name+Age+Site/Blog
Mary + 26 + http://hellomaryrebecca.blogspot.com


What is something interesting about you? I really enjoy doing special fx makeup and would love to take some classes to learn more!


Why did you begin blogging? I started blogging on LiveJournal back in high school because I wanted a place to share all the photos I took. I've always been a highly visual person, and I even got a B.F.A. in Photography, so that need to post imagery hasn't waned! Also, I love being able to find and connect with people that share similar interests from all over the world. 


How long have you been blogging?A little over 10 years, but only on my blogspot for about a year.  Actually, my blogiversary is coming up at the end of March!


Who is your inspiration for writing? Having a blog has always been a creative release for me. I post things I enjoy writing about, and the day that changes, is probably the day I hang up my blogging hat.


Where do you get your ideas? I have a really hard time getting my brain to shut down at night so I find myself coming up with a lot of ideas while in bed. I also just like sharing experiences from day-to-day life--whether it's an event, a craft, or just some cool thing I found that I think other people would enjoy knowing about.


Do you have any advice that you want to share with fellow lady bloggers? Make some time to comment. I read a lot of blogs through Google Reader and I've talked myself out of going through the "hassle" of leaving a comment on more than one occasion. That was just me being lazy and this year I've actually been really good about it.  I'm not saying you should comment for the sake of commenting, but as bloggers we all like to be reminded that we're not just yelling into the dark. ;)  Also in that same vein--try to acknowledge people that come to your blog and comment!  You might not have a long-winded follow-up comment to reply back with, especially if you get a lot of comments, but even a general "thank you" to everyone shows people that the time they are investing in you is being appreciated. :)


What is one thing you are looking forward to most in your future (blog or otherwise)?I'm taking some steps right now to better my career in photography and I'm pretty excited about that. As far as my blog goes I'm just looking forward to posting a lot more as the weather gets warmer. [I tend to turn into a hermit when it's chilly outside!]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, as always, for stopping by! I appreciate you guys SOMUCH. I read and reply to EVERY comment, so leave as many as you like :) xoxo